This article explains how to setup the Canon mg2920 wireless printer in just a few simple steps. Most modern all-in-one printers include wireless networking as a standard feature. However, while using them is much easier than using traditional printing machines, setting them up can be a challenge.
Continue reading to learn how to set it up without the help of a professional.
Setup Canon mg2920 wireless printer
The first order of business for a newly purchased item would be to unbox it and assemble the parts in working order:
- Remove all of the accompanying equipment that needs to be assembled from the outer packing carefully while holding it on a leveled surface.
- To turn it on, it will first need to be linked to a reliable power supply.
- The cartridges will be inserted into the supplied slot, which should be pressed until a click is heard.
- Make sure to print on high-quality paper. The lack of equipment can result in a variety of errors.
- Check the setup again using the instructions that came with the product.
Installation of the Canon mg2920 wireless printer
The most critical requirement for the printer to function is the software, often known as the driver. Before completing the wireless connectivity setup, it must be installed.
For each operating system, there is a specific download method, which we have detailed here for your convenience:
Setup Canon Mg2920 Wireless for Windows
- Open a browser and type the driver’s information into the search box or on the webpage.
- In the search bar of your internet browser, enter the link for this specific OS driver.
- The user will be taken to the website where it can be found.
- Double-click it to download the driver, and then run the software to begin the installation.
- Users will be able to follow an instruction wizard on the home screen.
Canon Mg2920 Mac Wireless Setup
- The download process will be slightly different if you’re using an Apple device.
On your printer’s official website, look for the search box in the top right corner and type in the name of your printer.
- You may also navigate to the support section’s drop-down menu, which contains all of the operating systems and drivers.
- Select the one you require and press the download button.
- It may take a few minutes for the process to complete, following which you can begin the installation, which will require you to connect the printer to the Mac through a connection.
- Open the scanners and printers option from the menu.
- Your printer will be instantly detected and connected.
- Before moving on to the Canon mg2920 wireless setup, follow the on-screen instructional wizard and test the prints.
Alternatively, people who have a CD driver installed on their computers can get the driver from the disc that comes with the product.
Find a network-protected configuration
Users must locate and activate the WPS on their printers to register their printer networks. Here’s how to do so:
- The button is usually located at the very back of the printer.
- It will turn on after the user presses and holds it for a few seconds.
- The printer will print the pin, which you will need to enter later for registration.
Setup of Wi-Fi
For both Windows and Mac, the Canon mg2920 wireless setup is the same. So, for whichever device you want to use, simply follow the steps below:
- Connect the printer to a power source and then press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it on.
- The computer and printer must be connected with the help of a data cable to establish a connection.
- Select the WiFi settings to option from the menu. Click on the wireless connection option and then click again.
- The gadget will automatically look for and display all nearby networks on the display panel.
- You can select the network you want to use and input the relevant login and password.
- The Wi-Fi will be connected in a matter of seconds.
Users can connect the printer to multiple devices at the same time with this Canon mg2920 wireless configuration, as long as they are all on the same network.
It will make printing from a distance extremely convenient, resulting in higher production and a more cost-effective choice.
you may also read,