The Canon PIXMA MX490 Wireless Office Printer also functions as a copier and scanner. Here’s how to setup wifi on a Canon mx490 wireless printer. When compared to earlier MX versions, it features great connectivity choices and the flexibility to maintain the printer in places with a 30% reduction in weight. This is why it is so popular. Because of Google Cloud Print and Air Print, you can print wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet practically anywhere in the office.
It also has several time-saving features, such as a fully integrated automated file feeder that can handle up to 20 sheets, as well as a folding automated document feeder (ADF) with 20 beds and, like the printer section of the device, an automatic document feeder (ADF) that can handle up to 20 sheets, Both sides of the document are not scanned. The MX490’s upper body is painted. As a result, it contains a lot of fantastic features.
Wifi Setup for the Canon Pixma MX490 printer
- The first thing you should do when using the Canon MX490 printer makes sure it is turned on.
- The MX490 printer must then be connected to WiFi by pressing the Setup button.
- After that, you must select a Wireless LAN Setup that you want to connect with the printer by pressing the left or right arrow buttons.
- After that, you must press the OK option to continue with the process.
- Once you’ve done that, the printer will look for a compatible wireless router connection on its own.
Depending on the network to which you want to connect your printer, you can use one of the following methods:
To connect using the WPS button on the wireless router,
- first press and hold the WPS switch.
- Within two minutes, press the OK button on your printer.
- Tap the OK button when you see Connected appear on the screen.
- When you’re finished, press the COPY button.
- That completes the configuration of your network connection.
WPS PIN Code Connection
- To begin, select the alternative setup option. Then, on the next screen, press the OK button.
- After that, select the WPS PIN Code. Then, on the next screen, press the OK button.
- After that, you must configure the wireless router’s PIN code.
- Connected will appear on the screen once you’ve finished. Then, on the next screen, press the OK button.
- Then, press the COPY button. Your connection has now been established.
Setup without the need of a cable
- To begin, select the Other setup option. After that, press the OK button.
- After that, select a cableless setup option. Then press the OK button.
- The screen will appear once your printer preparation is complete.
Setup Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless LAN in a Different Way
- This is an alternative installation method that requires you to run a CD on your computer.
- Now, you must choose the wifi connection option from the list of alternatives.
- then, turn on the printer and check to see if the blue light is blinking.
- After that, select the option to connect to the network.
- Then, for an automated wireless connection, choose WPS.
- To connect to the Wi-Fi network, simply press and hold the Wi-Fi button until it becomes orange.
- Additionally, once the printer is connected, a blue light will flash, indicating that the printer is connected to the network.
- Finally, all you have to do is select the Next option. Then provide the necessary information to complete the setup process.
With these steps completed, the question of how to connect the Canon MX490 printer to WiFi is answered. As a result, you can now connect your Canon printer to a wifi printer and print documents with ease.
you may also read,