McAfee Endpoint Protection is McAfee’s most recent security package. It is a commercial application that protects Mac users from viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, and other malware threats. However, if you want to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection after the free trial period expires, this page will walk you through the steps. When you’re stuck removing programs like antivirus/security, games, or malware, make sure you do it properly to avoid problems like partial removal. Uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac may be accomplished in a variety of ways. Each of them will be discussed in turn in the sections that follow.
Before removing McAfee Endpoint Protection MAC, you need to do the following:
First and foremost, uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac if it is presently installed. To do so, right-click its Dock icon and select Quit, or navigate to McAfee Endpoint Protection > Quit McAfee Endpoint Protection from the Menu Bar.
If the program does not exist this way, you can force quit it by following these steps:
- From the Dock, Launchpad, or Spotlight, launch the Activity Monitor.
- In the list, search for and choose McAfee Endpoint Protection, then click the (X) icon and select Force Quit.
If the program remains in the dock, right-click it and select Options > Remove from Dock. Following these steps, you may use one of the uninstall options indicated below to completely remove McAfee Endpoint Protection and all of its traces.
Method 1: Use OS X Uninstaller to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection.
What if you could uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac with only a few clicks? A small but useful utility can help you finish the job quickly. OS X Uninstaller is the best option for rapidly locating each component of the target software and completely removing them all in a matter of seconds.
To uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection, simply follow these easy steps:
- FIRST, DOWNLOAD THE OS X UNINSTALLER, INSTALL IT, AND OPEN IT ON THE LAUNCHPAD.
- SEARCH FOR McAfee ENDPOINT PROTECTION AND CLICK RUN ANALYSIS.
- CLICK THE COMPLETE UNINSTALL BUTTON, THEN YES TO BEGIN THE DELETION.
- SCAN YOUR MAC AGAIN BY CLICKING BACK TO THE INTERFACE FOR CURRENTLY INSTALLED APPS.
In most cases, the OSosx uninstaller works flawlessly, completely removing end protection from the Mac in under a minute.
Method 2: Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection by discarding it.
To remove a program without using a third-party tool, just sign in as an administrator on your Mac, and you will be required to provide the administrator password throughout the un-installation. Then take the following steps:
- To open the folder, launch the Finder on your computer and choose Applications from the sidebar.
- Find McAfee Endpoint Protection, right-click it, and select Move to Trash.
- To authorize this change, provide the existing admin account password.
- Right-click the trash bin symbol on the dock, select empty trash and then select empty trash again in the pop-up dialogue. Alternatively, select empty trash from the founders’ menu.
- If you are unable to clear the trash, restart your Mac and try again.
WARNING: New users should use caution while manually removing program remnants from the hidden library. If additional program components or system files are accidentally destroyed, the affected app or even the Mac OS may not function correctly.
As a result, difficulties can be handled in this manner. However, if the problem persists, it is best to contact McAfee’s customer service support staff.