McAfee Endpoint is simply anti-virus software. It is one of the most widely used anti-virus programmes for protecting our computers from malicious files and folders. These files and folders are known as viruses, and they are capable of wreaking havoc on our computers. Every time we open our computer, McAfee anti-virus software scans the entire device. As a result, it is always advised that you use antivirus software whenever you use your computer.
What exactly is McAfee Endpoint Encryption (EPO)?
McAfee Endpoint Encryption ePO is well-known for preventing unauthorized access to our computers. It prevents unauthorized individuals from accessing our personal files and folders, keeping our devices safe from the reach of hackers. By fully encrypting our data, it renders our files and folders unreadable to any unauthorized person. It is one of the McAfee software’s unique features. However, in order to use this feature, you must have a working internet connection on your device.
What are the Methods to Decrypt McAfee Endpoint Encryption EPO?
There are several methods for decrypting McAfee endpoint encryption for files and folders ePO. These are their names:
McAfee endpoint encryption for files and folders, follow these steps:
- Log in to ePO by entering https://epo.cites.illinois.edu: 8443/ into your web browser’s address bar.
- At the top of the page that opens, click on the System Tree icon.
- Select the OU that you want to apply to the left pane of your window.
- Click the “Assigned Policies” button to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption.
- In the “Product” popup that appears, select your encryption product. It could be called “Drive Encryption Go,” “Endpoint Encryption,” or “Endpoint Encryption for Mac.”
- In the window that appears, navigate to the Actions column.
- When you click Edit Assignment, a new window will appear on your screen.
- Set the policy assignment to “Break inheritance and apply the following policy settings.“
- Press the Save button.
- The “Lock policy inheritance” setting will no longer be visible.
- Wait for the process to finish before restarting your computer.
- Navigate through the trees of the system.
- Select Open System Information.
- Navigate to action.
- Tap on Agent.
- Select Modify Policies on a Single System .
- Choose Drive Encryption as a product.
- Select Edit Product Settings.
- Navigate to Tab Encryption.
- By clicking the button, you can set it to nothing.
METHOD 3: Decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption EPO
- Log in to the EPO server and navigate to the location of your device.
- Check the status of your device’s encryption.
- When it says ‘inactive,’ it means the decryption process is finished.
- Restart your device after removing Endpoint Security.
Hopefully, one of these methods will assist you in resolving your issue. If this is not the case, you will need to contact McAfee Technical Support. You can easily reach them by dialing the toll-free number listed on their official website. They will give you the instructions you need to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption. EPO