McAfee blocking google chrome? To troubleshoot McAfee blocking Google Chrome, continue reading. McAfee is a multinational security software business that was formed in 1987. It has long been a household brand in the world of antivirus software for both companies and consumers. McAfee provides a variety of services, including McAfee Total Security (all-in-one protection), McAfee LiveSafe, McAfee Mobile Security for Android, McAfee Mobile Security for iPhone and iPad, McAfee Virus Removal Service, and more.
Google Chrome is being blocked by McAfee
According to reports, McAfee is banning Google Chrome on some Microsoft Windows computers. Because of McAfee, users will be unable to install the Google Chrome web browser on their laptops or desktops. Disabling McAfee antivirus before installing Google Chrome would not fix the problem. Since even if you install Google Chrome while deactivating McAfee, you will be unable to visit websites using Google Chrome if you subsequently switch on McAfee protection, because McAfee will continue to block ports, preventing you from accessing websites. Some people have claimed that renaming chrome.exe fixed the problem, but this is not the best method to go about it.
Here’s how to fix McAfee blocking Google Chrome
To troubleshoot use these steps:
- Make sure you have the most recent version of McAfee installed.
- Ensure that all of McAfee’s active updates are installed.
- If you want Google Chrome to be unblocked so you can browse the web with it, you should give it full access to all of the rights on the McAfee antivirus dashboard.
- To do so, start your McAfee antivirus program.
- Click the “Navigation” link that appears in the top right corner of the McAfee window from the McAfee antivirus home screen.
- After that, you’ll be presented with a variety of alternatives from which to pick.
- Select the “firewall” option from the drop-down menu.
- Find the Google Chrome program listed under the “Program Permissions” tab.
- Select “edit” from the Google Chrome menu bar.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select Allow full access to Google Chrome.
- If you are unable to solve the problem on your own, please contact McAfee’s support team via their official website.
To get McAfee to stop banning Google Chrome, follow the above instructions.
you may also read,