All of our electronic gadgets are always in danger of being infected with malware or ransomware. When we connect our computers or laptops to the internet, they are exposed to a variety of threats. As a result, we must safeguard them with antivirus software. McAfee is a popular antivirus that is utilized all over the world owing to its high-tech capabilities that assist keep computers safe. When you run a McAfee update check, the McAfee antivirus checking for updates may become stuck after a certain number of updates have been completed. If you find yourself in a similar situation, use the following technique to help you get out of it quickly.
When it comes to technology, it is continuously updated with new features to keep up with contemporary developments. It is critical to keep your antivirus software up to date for it to function properly and protect your computers from any hazards and threats. To get McAfee to check for updates to work again, we must first run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT).
What is MVT?
The McAfee Virtual Technician is a self-healing and automated tool. MVT is capable of recognizing and fixing any difficulties that may emerge with your McAfee software. There are occasions when problems prevent McAfee software from being correctly deployed. MVT is also excellent at resolving McAfee checks for update issues.
The procedures for resolving ‘McAfee checking for update stuck’ are given below.
Let’s go over the method step by step:
- To begin, go to the McAfee Consumer Support home page.
- Scroll down to McAfee Virtual Technician.
- Choose Download, and then click Run.
- Save the mvt.exe file to your desktop.
- To launch MVT, double-click the downloaded file or click Run.
- MVT will be launched with a permission prompt from Windows User Account Control. Yes, please.
- Allow the MVT to complete the installation, initialization, and updating operations. This procedure might take some time.
- Following that, MVT will check your device for any McAfee product problems.
If any faults or problems are discovered, choose Autofix and let MVT handle the situation.
Another method for resolving McAfee checks for updates without MVT is as follows:
Disable Access Protection, then update the program and re-enable it. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Open the McAfee program and, on the right, select Navigation.
- Then, navigate to General Settings and Alerts.
- Select General Settings and Alerts now.
- Uncheck Use Access Protection by clicking the Access Protection button.
- Close McAfee by selecting Apply.
- Right-click the McAfee icon on your desktop and select Check for Updates.
- Now, tick the Use Access Protection option and click Apply to enable Access Protection.
- Restart the computer/laptop now.
As a result, you must follow the above steps to get McAfee to check for updates again.
You may also like to read,