McAfee offers complete cybersecurity solutions. It offers cybersecurity solutions to both organizations and individuals. McAfee assists businesses in creating genuinely integrated cyber environments in which security threat protection, detection, and correction occur concurrently and collaboratively. It is not an antivirus; its official aim is to “evaluate” your defenses and notify you of whether or not your computer is vulnerable. It examines the condition of your firewall and scans your browser history and items presently running in memory for malware.
What exactly is a McAfee debug error message?
When troubleshooting a McAfee debug error notice, technical support may request debug level log files. Furthermore, Technical Support may request McTray debug logging issues connected to the McAfee Tray icon, as well as an event trace log for an issue with updating or removing the McAfee agent. For Windows clients, McAfee agent log levels are controlled by registry settings. Debug logging generates substantially more log entries, whether or not a McAfee debug error message is included.
Instructions for enabling debug logging
Enable the relevant debug logging before replicating an issue. Enabling debug logging for a problem that can not be replicated provides insufficient information for troubleshooting. If you are investigating client and server issues, you must enable debug logging on both the client and the server before reproducing the problem to successfully capture the additional information required to help research the issue.
- Log in to the ePO console to configure the McAfee agent log level (Debug).
- Select Menu, Policy, and Policy Catalog.
- select the McAfee agent.
- Choose general from the category.
- Change the policy by clicking on it.
- Navigate to the logging tab.
- Choose an option Turn on detailed logging.
- Change the Logfile size limit (MB) and Rollover count parameters as needed.
- Save your work by clicking the Save button.
To set the McScript to debug log level.
- Press Windows + R
- Enter Regedit in the Run box and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the [HKEY _LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeNetworkAssociates TVDShared ComponentsFramework] key.
- Select New, DWORD 32bit Value from the context menu when you right-click the Framework.
- Enter the following in the name field: dwDebugScript
- Modify dwDebugScript by right-clicking it.
- Enter 2 in the Value Data area and press OK.
- The entries in the log are marked with an “X” to indicate that debugging is enabled.
How can I get the McAfee Quarantine Manager to debug output?
Use debug logging if the McAfee Quarantine Manager (MQM) is not working as planned and is not creating a meaningful error message or writing to the system logs.
How can I fix the McAfee debug error message?
Enable debug logging in MQM:
- Log in with the super admin account for the Quarantine Manager.
- Select Diagnostics, then Setting and Diagnostics.
- The debug tracing level should be set to high.
- Allow logging to occur.
- Replicate the operation that caused your system to act strangely.
- Find the debugging output files specified below; these are often created in the MQM installation folder.
- To send these files, open a service request with technical support.
Deactivate debug logging:
- Log in with the super admin account on the MQM.
- Choose Settings and Diagnostics.
- Select Debug tracing should be set to none.
- Apply the changes by clicking the Apply button.
you may also like to read,