McAfee antivirus software is well-known for protecting our devices against viruses, Trojans, spyware, and malware. It is one of the best-known and most widely used anti-virus products. For over a decade, it has been known to keep our gadgets secure. Continue reading to know the reasons for McAfee Common Framework Returned Error fffff9bf 3 and how fix it.
Error fffff9bf returned by McAfee Common Framework 3
This error typically occurs when we attempt to do any of the following operations:
- Attempting to reschedule a task.
- Trying to chose the McShield icon from the McAfee window’s system tray.
- We are changing the properties of McAfee’s Auto Update option.
What are the most common reasons for this error (McAfee Common Framework Returned Error ffffff9bf 3)?
The following are the primary reasons for this error:
- The DLL files have become corrupted or are no longer present.
- The registry files have become corrupted or are no longer present.
- On our device, we run an incompatible version of VirusScan.
How can we fix McAfee Common Framework Returned Error fffff9bf 3?
There are several ways to troubleshoot this problem. These are their names:
The first method is to register all of the DLL files on the McAfee Common Framework, which is done as follows:
- If McAfee is open on your machine, make sure to close it before proceeding.
- Navigate to the Start button.
- Select Programs.
- From the list of apps that are displayed, select McAfee.
- Launch the VirusScan Console.
- Right-click on Access Protection and select Properties.
- If the Prevent McAfee services option is chosen, it must be deselected.
- Click the Apply button.
- Shut down the VirusScan Console.
- You will now need to disable the Framework services by following the instructions outlined below:
- Navigate to the Start menu at the bottom of your desktop screen.
- In the search field that displays, type Run.
- The Run dialogue box will display. Enter services.msc and press the Enter key.
- Right-click on the McAfee Framework Service and select Properties.
- Stop by clicking the Stop button.
The following are the steps to registering all of the DLLs in the Common Framework folder:
- Type Run to the search bar.
- The Run dialogue box will display. CMD is the command to use.
- Click the OK button.
- In the resulting window, enter the following command: CD \Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework.
- Click the OK button.
The second method available to us is to replace the corrupt registry files on our device. Registry files are absolutely important for our files to function properly. As a result, if these files are no longer present on a device, the device will cease to function properly. So, if the registry files are missing, we will need to replace the files on our device to ensure that our system can function properly again.
you may also like to read,