McAfee is a computer security program that protects our PCs and other mobile devices against malicious files and folders known as anti-viruses. The product was named after its inventor, John David McAfee. He was a British-American businessman and programmer. McAfee has done an excellent job of eradicating malware from our devices and safeguarding our original data. McAfee works well on a variety of platforms, including Windows, Android, and MAC. This program is incredibly simple to install and update, and it has therefore effectively met the demands of its customers. Read on to know Why McAfee LiveSafe update failed on Mac and how to fix it.
Why do Mac Computers require protection?
Even Macintosh endpoints are not particularly secure these days. They have become just as susceptible as our standard PCs. With the advancement of technology, the penetrating strength of anti-viruses, Trojans, and malware has risen, and they have successfully infected Macintosh machines.
According to recent research,
Over the previous few years, online phishing schemes have grown by 50 percent.
In 2017, alone, 11 million PCs were infected with Trojans, malware, and other malicious software.
As a result, we must secure our Mac machines from intruders.
The McAfee LiveSafe update for the Mac failed:
According to various evaluations and sources, some McAfee customers have difficulty updating the program on the MAC. When they attempt to update McAfee Internet Security, a warning appears on their screens that reads, “Error when installing updates! As a result, their software fails to function correctly, and their systems become more vulnerable to undesirable components such as malware, Trojans, hackers, and phishers.
The following are the general reasons why the McAfee Livesafe update failed on the Mac:
- Kernel extension of Internet Security for Mac is not permitted.
- Firewall has a problem,
- There is an issue with your Internet settings,
How to Fix McAfee LiveSafe Update Failure on the Mac:
METHOD 1: Allow Internet security for the Mac Kernel
To approve Internet Security for MAC, follow the following steps:
- On the menu bar, choose the McAfee
- McAfee LiveSafe – Internet Security Console should be selected.
- Select Mac Security.
- Turn on a security feature such as Real-Time Scanning.
- Look for “we need your permission.“
- To enable the procedure to proceed, click OK.
METHOD 2: Change the Firewall configuration
The firewall settings on our system are sometimes modified automatically, preventing the machine from updating McAfee. To do this, we must perform the following steps:
- Go to McAfee menu from the menu bar.
- Choose McAfee Live Safe – Internet Security Console from the list of options.
- Select Mac Security.
- Now Select Firewall.
- To make changes, click the lock and enter your password.
- Alter the setting from public to home or work.
- To save your changes, click on the lock once again.
METHOD 3: Change the Internet configuration
We can address Internet setting issues by removing caches and cookies from the SAFARIES.
- Launch Safari.
- Then choose Safari > Preferences.
- Go to Privacy.
- Select Manage Website Data.
- Remove all should be chosen.
- Remove now be chosen.
- Click the Done button.
- Reboot your Mac.
Aside from these procedures, we may reinstall McAfee on our Macintosh system to enable correct updates regularly.
Thus To resolve the McAfee LiveSafe update failure on the Mac, follow the above instructions.
You may also read,