Having problems with McAfee LiveSafe Won’t Uninstall or getting stuck, read the following article to find out how to fix it.
Computer Security Software ‘McAfee’, once known as Intel Security Group, is a multinational computer security software firm based in the United States that offers cybersecurity solutions to both enterprises and individuals. It also assists businesses in orchestrating truly integrated cyber environments, in which security threat protection, detection, and correction occur concurrently and collaboratively.
LiveSafe by McAfee protects your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats both at home and away. Products from McAfee provides a comprehensive set of PC security tools, including virus and spyware protection, Web and email protection, and parental controls.
What is McAfee LiveSafe?
McAfee LiveSafe is one of the most effective solutions in McAfee’s extensive security range. Its package protects an infinite number of Windows PCs, Macs, Android, and iOS devices, as well as the Web dashboard. There is also 1GB of cloud storage. The entire package is available for $60 a year.
It is platform-independent and comes in the form of a tiny plastic card containing a product key. It is not yet available for Chromebooks or Windows phones, although this may change as the industry evolves.
Is LiveSafe essential?
In the main window of LiveSafe, the most relevant information is displayed. The McAfee Personal Locker, a secure cloud storage area (1GB) built particularly for extremely sensitive data, is LiveSafe’s most distinguishing feature. The Personal Locker employs biometric security measures such as facial and voice verification, as well as a PIN.
However, it was discovered that there are issues when removing LiveSafe from our devices because it is a persistent software that may hog your computer’s resources and cause undesirable slowdowns. There is also the issue that McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall or will not remove.
What to do if McAfee LiveSafe Wont Uninstall
Method One: Sign in to your McAfee account.
- Log in with your password and the email address connected with your McAfee user account (the email address you gave when you originally signed up).
Remove the license.
- Go to the My Account page. Here you can see a list of the machines registered in your account. Choose the tab for the machine that you want to disable.
- Look for the computer’s “Details” section. There should be a “Deactivate” button there.
- A pop-up box will appear, requesting confirmation that you want to cancel your license for this machine. If you are certain that you want to do this, click “Deactivate.”
- Once deactivated, you can re-use the license on another computer, whether you’re purchasing a new one or just want to safeguard a different machine you currently possess.
Method 2: Navigate to the Settings or Control Panel.
- To begin, press the Start button.
- Select the Settings option from the menu.
- Swipe to the upper right corner of the screen on Windows 8 and select Search.
- Click on the Control Panel after typing “Control Panel” into the search box.
- Click the Start button in Windows 7 or Vista, then the Control Panel.
Method 3: Go to the uninstall page.
- Select System > Apps & Features from control panel.
- Select McAfee LiveSafe, then Uninstall and then follow the on-screen instructions and recommendations.
- On Windows 8, go to View and choose Large Icons, then touch or click Programs and Features, pick McAfee Internet Security, and then click Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Choose Programs > Programs & Features, then McAfee Internet Security, Uninstall from Windows 7 or Vista, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
What should you do if the uninstall button for McAfee LiveSafe is greyed out?
Other issues that you may encounter while removing McAfee LiveSafe
When a button or feature on your display screen is greyed out, it indicates that it is deactivated. When a person has been using an anti-virus for a long time, it is natural to want to But what if they run across a problem, such as the McAfee Live Safe uninstall being greyed out? We’re here to inform you about how to solve this problem without having to do it all by yourself.
We were able to identify and collect some of the causes of the McAfee Live Safe uninstall greyed out the issue:
- If any installation software is running in the background, the button may become disabled for a short time.
- If the program files have been damaged or tampered with by malware,
- In general, for removal choices to function, the user must be logged in as the administrator, so check to see whether you have been logged in with a regular account.
Once you’ve determined the root cause of the McAfee LiveSafe uninstall greyed out the problem, you can try the following solutions to see if they help:
- If the installation application has been operating in the background while you have been attempting to uninstall the program, try shutting it off once. Whereas if window remains open, restart your computer and try again.
When you have not already logged in as an administrator, proceed as follows:
- Enter the admin user and password and press enter.
- Open file C, which is where the McAfee software is installed.
- Enter the command uninstall.exe in the command dialogue box.
- The program should be removed after you press the run button.
Try to launch the internet security application to see whether the problem is caused by corrupted software.
If it opens without a hitch, the fault isn’t with the program.
- If not, then conduct a disc scan to recover any faulty sectors.
- Use the SSDefc/scan now command to detect any corruption.
- This will allow the system to seek out and fix any damaged files automatically.
- Alternatively, you can use any third-party repair program.
- McAfee LiveSafe removal The webpage navigation was terminated.
Occasionally, users experience difficulty viewing a few specific web pages immediately following a security update. This update might be in the web browser or anti-virus software. Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe if you wish to get rid of it. Once you’ve resolved the navigation to the webpage cancellation issue once and for all, you’ll be able to.
What does it indicate?
We felt it would be helpful for you to first understand what the McAfee LiveSafe Uninstall Navigation to the URL was canceled issue entails to properly comprehend the solutions provided below.
Here are a few of the primary reasons why this issue has arisen in computer systems:
- It might be due to a change in your internet browser’s security zone.
- It may occur if a big update is performed via the anti-malware application that is already installed on your machine.
- If there are any old files in your browser that have become corrupted,
Another big explanation for this is if you just acquired a laptop that came pre-installed with McAfee, in which case you may simply remove it to resolve this issue.
Thus, follow these procedures to remove or fix McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall. The webpage navigation was terminated.
We have collected a list of remedies that may be used for this McAfee LiveSafe uninstall. Based on the most likely explanations listed above, navigation to the webpage was canceled:
Method No. 1
- The first and simplest solution would be to remove McAfee Live Safe:
By pressing the start button, you may access the control panel.
- You will be directed to the settings to remove the application and program options.
Navigate to the delete and repair list and find the McAfee software you want to uninstall.
- Uninstall the program and select Yes in the confirmation popup box.
- Once you’ve rebooted, the modifications you’ve made will be saved.
Method No. 2
- Begin by making Internet Explorer your default browser; go to the tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Uncheck the box that says “Save website data” when you click on cookies.
- Open the LAN settings once you’ve restored all zones to their default values.
- After unticking any remaining boxes, select the reset option from the advanced options and check to see whether the problem remains.
They have created a customer support website that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist with difficulties such as McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall or remove and others.
Users may just go to the website and describe their problems. The technical staff, which is always available, will respond quickly and attempt to find a solution.
Why am I unable to remove McAfee LiveSafe?
In the case of McAfee LiveSafe, the producers have designed an incredibly difficult removal process that can irritate customers to no end. Anti-virus software tends to take up a lot of space for every file on your computer system, and having so much access to the internal files might make them difficult to delete at times.
How can I get McAfee to remove itself?
If you are determined not to let your McAfee membership expire naturally, there are a few options for forcing the application to uninstall itself.
- Go to the app store and look for force removal software with a high rating.
- Download it on your smartphone, tablet, or PC, depending on where you’re having trouble.
- Launch the downloaded program and accept the licensing agreement.
- You may also be required to enter the verification code and wait a few minutes, or however long the application takes to completely remove the safe.
What happens if I remove McAfee LiveSafe?
If you delete McAfee, your computer system or phone will no longer be protected from third-party attacks. You will also not get any new updates from the firm, whether or not your membership has expired.
How many McAfee LiveSafe devices can I use?
McAfee LiveSafe has a one-of-a-kind and very cost-effective function for its consumers. You can secure an infinite number of devices with a single subscription.
When you purchase the multiple subscription packages, that single license’s product ID and activation key may be used to install it on as many PCs, cellphones, or tablets as the user desires.