What are the problems with McAfee antivirus?
One of the most often asked questions that professionals receive is how to remove McAfee or Norton antivirus and security programs. Perhaps it’s because trial copies of that software are pre-installed on the client’s PC, or perhaps you want to remove McAfee and install another antivirus product. They’ve even gotten emails from PC customers who are attempting to download an antivirus program and are being informed that they must first remove McAfee before proceeding, even though McAfee seems to be on the system. Even specialists are shocked at how many infections target McAfee and Norton products, in particular, disabling them and causing havoc on the computer. Everything looked to be in working order, but the antivirus did slow the machine down a little. One of the most common problem is unable to uninstall McAfee from windows PC.
When you are unable to uninstall McAfee antivirus from your windows PC, follow these steps.
Because we won’t be able to uninstall McAfee once it’s in Managed Mode, we’ll have to change it to Unmanaged Mode first.
- Open a command prompt window.
Type “Command Prompt” into the search box in the bottom left corner of the taskbar (either Cortana or the magnifying glass). Select the icon that appears.
- After that, we must browse to the Program Files folder using the prompt.
- To begin, try writing the following: CD “C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework”
- If it is a success, you will proceed to the next step. If you get an error message indicating the system can’t find the route you supplied, sort out the following: CD “C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework”
- Then type Frinmint.exe /remove=agent into the search box and hit Enter. McAfee is now in Unmanaged Mode.
When that program is finished, act and close the command prompt.
- Enter “Add or remove programs” into the search box in the lower-left corner of the taskbar (either Cortana or the magnifying glass). Click on the resulting icon.
- First, the user must choose McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise and then uninstall it.
- Search for McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise Module when it has finished removing. Uninstall it if it is present. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- If there are additional apps with the word McAfee in their names, and they are NOT McAfee Agents, they should be removed.
- Remove the McAfee Agent when there is only one McAfee Agent left, and make sure the McAfee Agent is uninstalled last.
- McAfee has now been completely removed from your computer.
Simple approaches to resolving the problem Unable to uninstall McAfee antivirus from your windows PC?
Using Windows, remove
Select the link that corresponds to your Windows version. You will be redirected to Microsoft.com.
Follow Microsoft’s uninstallation instructions:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Vista or Windows 7
If the removal is successful, your McAfee product is now gone from your computer.
Install and run the McAfee shopper Product Removal tool (MCPR)
- Download the MCPR software.
- MCPR.exe should be double-clicked.
- If you come across a security warning: Click Yes, Continue, or Run (depending on your Windows version)
- On the McAfee software system removal screen, enter the following information:
Next, press the next button. Click here to accept (EULA) Agreement.
- On the Safety Validation page, enter the following information: Then, input the characters that are displayed on your screen (validation is case-sensitive).
- Next, press the next button. This step prevents MCPR from being used inadvertently.
- When the procedure is finished, you will receive one of the following messages. Simply click the one you see.
- Completed removal
If you receive this message, the MCPR tool has finished successfully.
To complete the uninstallation process, restart your computer. If your computer restarts, it will no longer be secured against viruses and malware. Therefore, set up your security code as soon as possible to be safe.