This will help you you To Uninstall Corrupted McAfee problem, continue reading. Antivirus software is one of the most critical tools to have on your computer. Malware that poses a hazard to an electronic device must be protected. An antivirus serves as a protection, keeping the computer or laptop secure from damage. McAfee is a high-quality antivirus program with a well-known brand and a large user base. It has a lot of high-end features that are well worth the money! However, occasionally, owing to a stroke of ill-luck, the antivirus itself becomes infected and while uninstalling the uninstall process gets corrupted. What follows is an explanation to assist in resolving this issue.
Facing uninstall corrupted McAfee problem?
In some situations, McAfee Agent may need to be manually deleted.
- When software is unsuccessfully updated, data get jumbled, and uninstalling agents becomes difficult.
- There are issues in the VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) process of terminating Prevent McAfee.
- McAfee files have been corrupted by previously installed versions.
For the reasons stated above, we must manually uninstall the antivirus.
The answer for how to uninstall corrupted McAfee
Try to use frminst.exe and the /force uninstall switch before attempting to remove it manually.
- If required, disable McAfee protection services in VSE.
McAfee’s Access Protection function prevents McAfee services from being terminated. Disable this setting either locally or using ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO).
Consider one of the following:
If ePO is in charge of the VSE,
- Navigate to Start, then Programs, McAfee, and finally VirusScan Console.
- Right-click the Access Protection symbol and choose Properties.
- There will be an option to prevent McAfee services from being terminated.
- Uncheck it.
- Make the necessary adjustments.
- Shut off the VirusScan console.
- Proceed to step 2.
If ePO is not in charge of VSE,
- Navigate to the ePO server and launch the ePolicy Orchestrator Console.
- Modification of the directory or computer level whenever a policy change is necessary.
- On the right, expand the VirusScan Enterprise policy.
- There is an Edit option next to the Access Protection Policies. Select that option.
- Deselect Prevent McAfee services from being stopped under the Access Protection tab.
- Now press the apply button.
- Remind an agent to implement the modifications by sending a wake-up call; the alternative is to wait for the next policy enforcement to take effect.
- Go to Step 2 and close the ePO console.
Execute the following command: frminst.exe /force uninstall
Navigate to Start, then Run, then finally type one of the following commands:
/forceuninstall “c:Program FilesNetwork AssociatesCommon Frameworkfrminst.exe”
“c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe” /forceuninstall
The route change is entirely dependent on whether you installed the McAfee agent as an update or as a fresh installation. Windows Explorer can assist in determining the proper path. Reboot the machine to complete the deletion procedure.
As a result, take these procedures to remove infected McAfee.